Pages

Valentine Monster Love

Some of my students have made wonderful progress with identifying letters and producing their corresponding sounds, however there are still some who need continued practice with them.

Back in August I posted about a little monster I created from an empty container I had.
I made me think of Dr. Jean's Mr. Munch and I used it with my students around Halloween time with little monsters letter cards that I created.

Well, I am going to pull that little guy out again because I just realized the little monsters have hearts around them so I can use them for Valentine's Day!

I added the upper and lower case letter matching worksheets with hearts the document with the monster letters and you can download them by clicking on the picture below!
These activities address the following Common Core Learning Standards:
~  RF.K.1d:  Recognize and name all upper and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
~  RF.K.3a:  Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary or many of the most frequent sound for each consonant.

If you are interested in seeing how I made the little monster, check out my original post by clicking here.